Monday, August 13, 2007

literally 20 DAYS!

It's only 20 days before I am on my way to Scotland from SFO. The excitement is building up! I really think this is going to be the experience of a lifetime and one to never forget. If anyone has some useful insight into any of the following, let me know:

Cell phones (what is the best thing to do? Prepaid? Pay as you go? A plan?)
Best pubs in town (self-explanatory)
Best stuff to do in free-time (museums, shops, attractions, etc)

anything else that might help!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I LEAVE SO SOON!

dwed

1 comment:

AMiB said...

all i can help you with are the cell phones. first off, what kind of phone do you have here? if you have a GSM phone, like from T-Mobile or AT&T/Cingular, things will go a lot easier. If not, see if you can find a cheap one here, or just buy one when you get there (This is all pay-as-you-go, btw). I've found that O2 is the best company (there's also Vodafone, TMobile, GlobalWorld [kinda], and whole bunch others), but I've been on O2 pay as you go for 2 years now with no problems. Find a local phone shop. Tell them you want a pay as you go card from whatever company. It shouldn't cost too much, and then just load some credit onto it (I do about 10 pounds a month or so). Pop it into your phone and be on your way. It's actually pretty simple.

Oh, i forgot: if you're bringing a phone from home to use over there, you're gonna have to make sure it's unlocked. There is a place down on convoy that does it for like $20. They're pretty good, but you could always do it in the UK (turns out to be a bit more expensive, but so does everything else over there).

good luck